My grace is sufficient for thee; for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
II Corinthians 12:9

My husband and I have two beautiful children. Our daughter is 20 months old and our son is 7 months old. I found out I was pregnant with our third child in December of 2001. We were elated. We wanted to have our children close in age. The pregnancy seemed to start out as a normal pregnancy. I had the flu at the end of December and went to the emergency room for dehydration. At that time, they did multiple HCG level tests. They were alarmed at the doubling rate of my level and performed an ultrasound. I was only about 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. They could not see anything. I went in for another ultrasound a few days later. My doctor was not concerned. She could see the yolk sac but still no baby. She thought I was a little too early. She said to come back in 2 weeks.

On January 17, 2002, we saw our little precious baby. Oh, what excitement! They had scheduled a D&E (dilatation and evacuation) for afterwards if they did not see anything. They were suspecting a molar pregnancy at that time. But there was a precious little baby! We were so thankful to God for the gift of a healthy baby with a heartbeat. Throughout the pregnancy, I had constant cramping. I was told that it was normal since my children were conceived so close together. On February 18th, at my 13 week visit, I heard the heartbeat via Doppler—what a reassuring sound.

On Monday, March 11th, I called the doctor’s office after doubling over with pain. I went in for a visit and was seen by the nurse practitioner. At that time, I was 16.5 weeks pregnant, but I was measuring 18 weeks. Although she tried to find the heartbeat to no avail, she was not concerned. She thought I might be expecting twins or that the placenta was on top, hindering the finding of the heartbeat. She sent me for another ultrasound. She wrote viability on the form just so they would see me. She did not suspect anything and neither did I. I called my husband to let him know of the possibility of more than one. When I went in for the ultrasound I could not see the screen. Afterward, the doctor told me I had lost the child. I was shocked. I called my husband to tell him the news.

On March 12th I met with the doctor, who said that I had had a partial molar pregnancy. I went for another ultrasound to confirm it. I knew immediately once I saw the screen. My precious gift from God had passed away. I had a D&E later that day. On March 17th, I went to the emergency room after losing more blood, and I stayed until Tuesday. On Wednesday, I was admitted again. On Thursday, March 21st, my four-year wedding anniversary, I had a D&C. Later that evening, I received two units of blood. My ovaries had grown to the size of softballs. I am now being seen by a specialist. I am going for weekly blood tests. I found out that the baby was a girl, and we named her Paige Alexandria.

My family and church family have been so supportive throughout all of this. Without the Lord, I would not have been able to make it through it. Now, it is a waiting game to see what the Lord has planned.